Friday, December 21, 2012

The Day the World Didn't End

I have to admit I was a little freaked out this morning when I woke up and the sky was a neon orange-red color, especially since today is December 21st, 2012. There's a storm rolling in and I'm sure you all know the saying, "Red Sky at Morning...". I then looked outside and saw a big vibrant rainbow, God's promise that he probably won't be destroying the Earth today. Even if you don't believe in that stuff, let this be a reminder that beauty can be found just about anywhere in the world, even Sacramento, CA.

A few minutes later it was back to being gray and dreary, and life goes on. There's laundry to be done, a kitchen to be cleaned, and a whole lot of Christmas shopping that I've been putting off, just in case. I guess since the world didn't end I should probably get working on today's Flashback Friday too. Anyway, I hope that wherever you are and whatever you're doing today, you take a just minute to enjoy something pretty and be thankful for the fact we're all still here. Happy Winter Solstice everyone!

http://instagram.com/hulagrrl210
"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." -Genesis 9:13





No comments:

Post a Comment