Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Island Hopper Teaser

Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
I just got back from my 4 day adventure on the United Island Hopper this morning. Its a trip I've wanted to do since first learning about it shortly after the United-Continental Merger. Traveling a route that was taken over from Continental Microsnia (aka Air Mike), United flight 154 goes from Honolulu to Guam with several stops in the Republic of the Marshall Islands and the Federated States of Micronesia. I flew over to HNL a day early to enjoy a little stand up paddle surfing at Waikiki Beach and spent the night before embarking on my long voyage across the pacific. My journey took me all the way out to Manila, before turning around and coming back home. As some of my regular readers already know one of my favorite hobbies is taking inflight pictures for my photo blog: www.thirtysixthousand.com. Along the way I was able to photograph some amazing stuff: isolated atolls, lush tropical islands, neon blue lagoons, and even a few colorful rainbows! After flying almost 17,000 miles and spending the last 48 hours on planes and in airports (by far the most ambitious mileage run I've ever attempted), I am exhausted! Anyway, I still wanted to leave you guys with a little teaser and photo before I get more time to complete a more detailed trip report later this week. Stay tuned...it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment