Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome, E Komo Mai

Welcome to my new blog! Once upon a time, in a former life I used to blog about my travels, but then I got busy, had a kid, went on vacation, etc, etc. Sadly, my former blog didn't survive. I did however manage to keep (and somewhat regularly update) a photoblog and sometime between last night and this morning my website www.thirtysixthousand.com had its 36,000th visitor! That inspired me to write again.

I'm a frequent flier (currently Premier Gold and about .8 Million Miler with United), private pilot, aviation enthusiast, and new mom. I made 4 trips to Hawaii before I was a year old and due to a small business and a lot of family over in the islands, the trend has continued ever since. Now that I have a little one of my own, I hope to share my love of travel and the islands with him as well. I thought having a kid would slow me down, and that my traveling adventures would be over, which is why I kind of stopped blogging about them, but it's had quite the opposite effect. The first time I boarded an aircraft with an infant I have to admit I was scared of what the outcome would be, but it turns out my son loves to fly, just like mom. That renewed my commitment to earning miles and points so that my family can afford to travel the world in style, hopefully for free, or as close to it as possible.

Instead of flying my usually 50,000 miles per year with United, for the first time this year, I've made it a goal to be a 1K. That puts me just a few years away from finally making Million Miler and securing lifetime Gold status. After that? Maybe I'll retire to some beach somewhere and sip Mai Tai's while watching the sunset, but I doubt it. Maybe then I'll pick a new airline. For now, I'm happy just being a mom, sneaking out of the house to go do a mileage run when I can, and continuing to rack up those precious miles and points for my family.

When I'm not busy taking care of baby or stuck on a plane flying somewhere, I go by hulagrrl210 on both FlyerTalk and milepoint. Curious where I've been? Check out my FlightMemory.

That's me enjoying the sunset and paddling near my favorite beach on Maui!

No comments:

Post a Comment